Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crabby Patty

3 days down of the LSD.  Day 4 now and feeling very anxious.  I want this all to hurry and be on the other side.  I think I have a theory as to why I was feeling so good.  I have been a diabetic for many years.  I also havent taken great care of myself like I should.  I still drank coke every once in a while and ate other sugary stuff.  Only in the last couple months did I start trying to work on it real hard.  So I honestly think my body was thanking me for letting it have a break.  I have already lost 8 pounds :)  I thought most all the LSD was the same but apparently not because I am allowed some food.  I can have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, a SF pudding cup, 2 cups raw veggies, and a banana in one day.  I also only have to do it for a week.  So I am just going to count my blessings on that one!

I am feeling a little more weak and crabby today.  I dont know if it is from being impatient, hungry or...I started my period. GRRR Really!?!  4 days before surgery I started.  I knew it was going to happen.  I am not sure what to do about it though.  Can you wear a pad or tampon in surgery?  And isnt it going to be a while before you are able to change if it is a tampon?  So that makes that option sound dangerous.  I dont think I can call the office and ask such a question.  Id be so embarassed.  My mom yells at me sometimes and tells me all women do it and I shouldnt be embarassed.  I even have a hard time going to the store to buy stuff like that I need.  Most of the time my mom will go do it for me.  Lol  Wow ok this makes me sound so weird and I cant believe I just told people that.  (sorry guys I am a bit crazy and have issues)

Everyone is getting as excited as me now.  I am going to have a waiting room full of people stopping in.  I wont know they are there so I told people sleep late and dont worry.  All I really need is my mom and brother.  She is my strength and my brother keeps me laughing and in good spirits.  My bf will be working and he will meet me at the house when I get back.  He and my mother will be here with me for the next couple days afterwards.  I count my blessings there too.

I really should be cleaning house today because I need everything to be good when I get home.  I also want to make some things easier.  The only problem Im having now is I am not sure if I will be able to sleep in my bed.  It is a matress and box spring on the floor.  I dont have a couch and my chair is almost as low as the bed.  I think that is going to be the worst part.  Having to get up from all the low areas of my house.  I mean I have a hard time now getting up let alone being cut on too.  I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.

6 comments:

  1. You might be ok with the low bed - my stomach muscles didn't hurt as much as I expected them too.

    For me it was more lifting and turning that were the more painful things to do.

    I thought I would like to spend a lot of time in bed - but I ended up being more comfortable sitting in a chair than lying down.

    My stomach felt like it was blown up like a balloon and it was just more comfortable to be in an upright position.

    I would have to say (7 days post op) that the whole thing was more uncomfortable than painful for me.

    Thinking of you and wishing you luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you. I was thinking the same thing about it being that time of the month for me on my surgery, but I'm not to shy to ask my doctor. I just keep forgetting!

    just so you know, I had lower abdomen laproscopic surgery back in August for an ectopic pregnancy with three incisions and it really wasn't that bad. I had a hard time getting in and out of bed, but I have a HIGH bed and I felt like princess and the pea climbing up. A lower mattress would have been a blessing! I suggest you just take it easy and slow and you will be fine. I actually felt more comfy sitting up at my laptop on my kitchen table rather than lying in bed.

    You'll do awesome!! My surgery is 2/23 and I start my pre-op diet on the 15th. Not lookign forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I am getting banded the 22nd.... preop diet on Wednesday. Ready to get this thing going!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent thr first 5 days on the couch - it was easier than the bed. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a short comment about the tampon-pad thingy (close your eyes if you want). Just tell them when you get there for surgery. The nurses are really good and have had the questions many times in the past. So don't be embarrassed. Hey you posted it on the internet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sandy Lee, definitely let them know when you get in. This won't be the first time they see this come up, so don't be embarrassed about it!

    ReplyDelete